Friday, March 7, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day


 

 Hope springs eternal, or wishful thinking attempts to triumph over reality. Also known as what was I thinking?  I had some nice green fabric I was getting ready to send to rescue doggies who need blankets when I thought, wouldn’t it be fun to take photos of the Munchkins for St. Patrick’s Day?
     And so, forgetting what an unmitigated exasperating fiasco each previous attempt to take endearing holiday photos has been, I impulsively tossed the fabric on the love seat, festooned their unwilling little necks with green accessories, picked up my camera and a dish of treats, and thought lucky thoughts while the Munchkins half-heartedly humored me.
 


Dasa decided she was not going to sit by Ivan. He in turn ignored her. Then she sat too close to Ivan and irritated him. They were both far more interested in the treat dish and what was happening outside than any chirpy attention getting sound I made. They were bored. They did not see the point in all of this.
 
And yet, you see, I was determined to show how exceptionally fortunate we are to be blessed with our Munchkins. We are happily convinced we have two little pots of gold at the end of the basenji rainbow, their very own little selves made of magic & enchantment. We often sit with Two Small Dogs sprawled across our laps and say with a smile, “Lucky you, Lucky me, Lucky us.”
 
    
Happy St. Patrick’s Day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment