Friday, February 3, 2012

Sunny Days in January





I didn’t think I’d ever have the opportunity to say this, but January, as months go, was really not that bad. We had chilly days, but only a few that would qualify as wintery. And, most importantly, very little frozen precipitation. Ivan and Dasa still wore sweaters most of the time, and on occasion even booties to protect their feet from cold and salt. However, as a whole, it was an exemplary January, one that I hope future Januaries decide to emulate. It should, I believe, serve as a role model for the first month of years to come, with the primary goal that all ice and snow stay much farther north, up by Santa’s workshop.

We’ve even had a few days that were unseasonably warm to the extent that the Munchkins could play in the back yard without sweaters, enjoying the winter sun that’s weaker and softer than the brilliant heat of July, but oh how nice. Such lovely temperate days I want to bottle.

How do you capture joy? I try sometimes when I photograph Ivan and Dasa. On those perfect days when the sun is shining, and the grass is green and inviting, Dasa rolls in the grass, innocent joy radiating from her little body. Then, with a satisfied sigh, she lies contentedly in the grass. Watching Ivan and Dasa’s pleasure in these lovely days makes life in Maryville a little sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment