Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Denny

Well, here we are. Hurricane Irene is barreling up the coast, and we are expected to get a nice little storm out of it here in Delaware.

I don't believe we will have to be evacuated, but I am going to prepare for power outages. The flooding on the roads will be my problem, not Denny's. The worst thing I anticipate is having Prince My-Paws-Melt-In-The-Rain whine and complain about having to go outside to do his business. I can't say I blame him. I wouldn't want to poop in a hurricane, either.

Prince My-Paws-Melt-In-The-Rain

So, I have plenty of food and treats for him, water and candles for us, and a plan for some active play time and "wrassling" to take out his energy even if he can't get his walk. If we do need to evacuate, his food is always in a portable container, and his leash is always by the door. But, I'm pretty sure we'll be weathering the storm snuggled up together on the couch and watching "Ghost Adventures" on demand.


Denny preparing for the hurricane by getting his 22 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment