Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Senior Dog Does NOT = Fossil

Benny is my senior-est dog. I adopted him when he was 10. I was fostering him at the time. It seemed no one wanted him; he'd been on the website for months...



It took him a while to bond with my other dogs, preferring to keep to his "own space" rather than to snuggle up with them.




But over time, he grew to enjoy the company of his "sisters."


Because of his sage experience, he could show them the best techniques for unstuffing and desqueaking even the most challenging toys.



And because of his age, he does not need to be in perpetual motion.




Benny is a prankster. He loves to chase chipmunks, go for a walk and a rousing B-500 now and then.



I encourage every applicant to consider adopting one of the several senior dogs available on the website. They have so much love to give without all the hassles of a younger dog, especially a puppy. If you've never owned a dog or basenji, adopting a senior basenji is a good way to gain experience. Benny has been a part of my life for over 3 years now. I expect him to be with me for many more. Every day he tells me "thank you." I can see it in his eyes.








No comments:

Post a Comment