Hello everyone, and Happy (early) Valentine's Day!
I have a yummy treat recipe to make for your beloved basenji this V Day.
If your dog likes tuna, he'll be sure to love this. (My dog Kipper sure does!) And if you're not sure, try it anyway!
The recipe calls for:
- 6 ounces of undrained tuna
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup water
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
3. Form 1/2 inch balls out of the mixture and place the balls on a greased cookie sheet. (Alternatively, you could cut them into small hearts with a cookie cutter, since it is Valentine's Day, after all.)
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until they look ready to gobble up.
Here's what they should look like when they are done!
(Valentine's Day card, doilies, and bowl not included.)
FUN FACT: While I was taking this picture, Kipper was sitting under the table, with his huge brown puppy-dog eyes, waiting for me to give him the whole bowl.
I hope that your dog enjoys the treats, and that both him and you have a great Valentine's Day!