Sunday, September 26, 2010

Success Story: Mauri

Two years ago my husband and I decided to add to our family with another basenji. We already had a wonderful 2 year old boy (red and white), but wanted him to have a buddy. We contacted BRAT and went through the home visit and everything else necessary to get connected with the right basenji. A puppy named Mauri (tri colored) was recently rescued from a puppy mill, along with her mom and siblings. She was brought to our house for a visit and never left.

She and our boy, Pharaoh, are inseparable and absolutely are never apart. They sleep together, sit next to each other outside and even walk side by side when on leash. I cant imagine life without either of them. Nor do I remember ever just having one dog. BRAT was exceptional at matching the right dog with my family and we are just so happy that BRAT rescued Mauri from such an awful situation. We support BRAT when we can, but thank everyone daily for bringing our little basenji pack together!

Thanks, BRAT!
Jaime and Keith Adams

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful dogs; they look so happy! And congratulations to you and your husband for providing a home for the little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful and that is one long legged girl I bet she can run.
    I had a red/wht male and Tri colored female for 17 years and it was the best.
    I have a little rascal of a rd/wht girl Tally 9 mos old now and of course love her to the moon and back.

    ReplyDelete