Today I'm going to share my one of my basenji Kipper's favorite dog treat recipes. If you have a basenji that loves cheese, this a great treat to make for him/her.
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 of margarine
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 3/4 cups of cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of beef flavored instant bouillon
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
How to make it:
1. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, margarine, and boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, cheese, and egg. Mix well.
3. Spoon the flour into a measuring cup and level off. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition to form a stiff dough.
4. On a floured surface, knead in the remaining flour until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky (aprox. 3 minutes)
5. Roll out the dough to an 1/2 inch thickness.
6. Cut out with cookie cutters.
7. Place onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for aprox. 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
And there you go! Hope you enjoy! :)