Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tattoo!


When I was 40 years old I got my first ever basenji after a lifetime of having larger working breeds, and I was smitten from day 1. Well, he is 11 years old now and has some mild cataracts and is starting to act like a senior with a little shakiness here and there, so I had a senior blood panel run on him and extra thyroid and liver tests. They all came back good, yay!! Hopefully lots of years left together.


To celebrate, I got his pawprint on paper, went off to the tattoo shop, and got the first tattoo of my life. In each of his toe pads I had his name spelled out: Q, U, A, N in the top 4 toes and T,U,M in the bottom big pad, but in a very subtle way (and kind of tribal). His name is there, you just have to look for it. So there are a lot of *firsts* with basenjis, haha. I absolutely love it, it represents all of my dogs that I have loved, and it is my special boy's pawprint.


~robandkel@efirehose.net

No comments:

Post a Comment