Friday, April 9, 2010

Obsessed

Against my better judgement, one of the first things we bought Phoenix and Kenya were there own cubby style dog beds. Having shared my life with 2 destructive obsessed basenjis for nearly 16 years i suspected i was asking for trouble but the beds were relatively inexpensive and i couldn't resist giving my newly adopted kids something soft and cushy to relax in. I figured they deserved something special after living in a puppy mill environment. The beds survived the first day, 2nd day and to my surprise were in perfect shape after a month. When we visited family out of state we would take the beds and the B- kids would snuggle up in them. After one of our trips, i went into our bedroom and found one of the dog beds on top of our bed.



I asked my husband why he put it there and he said he didn't. That's when we discovered the start of Phoenix's obsession with the beds. He would drag them with him into every room he went into. After about 2 months, he discovered he could nibble on them....then he broke thru and discovered fluff....the beginning of the end. Enjoy the below progression of Phoenix's destruction of the beds.


Pile of Beds
Pile of Beds with fluff


Phoenix makes Fluff Pillow






Fluff Stuck inKenya's Tail



almost done and........ THE END
















































2 comments:

  1. I love stories that start with "Against my better judgement. . ."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't all Basenji stories start that way.......

    ReplyDelete