BRAT is thrilled to have been accepted into Rachael Ray’s Mutt Madness Contest! This is an elimination bracket contest similar to March Madness (college basketball) in which BRAT is paired each week against other rescue groups. By virtue of being selected for the contest, BRAT has already won $1000. However, we now have the opportunity to win an additional $1000 each week for the next 4 weeks, and if we can stay in the contest all the way to the end, the Grand Prize is $50,000 and second place is $25,000!
How it works:
Starting on Tuesday, October 13th, each week BRAT will be paired against one other dog rescue group, and you will have the opportunity to vote for us to win the round against that group. If we win the round, we get $1000, and we move to the next round where we will be paired against another dog rescue group. The object is to win against our competitor each week so we don't get eliminated from the contest. If we can stay in until the very last round, we can win the Grand Prize and get $50,000 to help rescue basenjis! Here's what it looks like:
How to Vote:
1. Login - If you haven't already, register with rachaelray.com or login if you have an account.
2. Select Rescues - Each week (beginning on Tuesdays) you can vote for BRAT and your other favorite candidates to stay in the Mutt Madness contest. Note: You can't just vote for BRAT by itself; you have to vote for one rescue group from EACH of the brackets to have your vote count. Click on the brackets to learn more about each rescue organization by reading their profile pages. Then vote for your favorite selections by checking the box next to their name on the Voting page. Advice: Read about all the groups first, then vote, because a glitch in the system may cause your incomplete voting selections to erase if you leave the page to read about other groups.
3. Submit Vote - When you've selected one candidate from each bracket, click "Submit" on the bottom of the page to have your vote counted. If you try submitting your vote and it won’t go through, check to be sure that you’ve voted in all the brackets. Once you have voted you will get a message saying that your vote has been counted.
4. Vote once each week! It takes about 10 minutes the first time to read about all the rescue groups and pick your favorites, but then after that it should only take one minute each week to select your favorites and click Submit.
5. Tell your friends! This is a lot of money on the line -- think of how many basenjis we could save with $1000 each week, or the $50,000 Grand Prize. We've shown we have the power to win on the Petfinder contest, now let's do it here! If you want to get people to vote for BRAT, I would recommend cutting and pasting into your emails or Facebook our Why Vote for Us story about the 28 basenjis BRAT rescued last year from horrible conditions in SD puppy mill. If you haven't read it, it's an amazing story, and it shows how much good we can do with the money we would win in this contest.
Let’s all work together to see how many brackets we can win and how many basenjis we can save!