Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why? Because I live with Basenjis.

Hi, It's me again! I had to think hard about this post. I've lived with Basenjis for 11 years now, and I can hardly remember a life without them!

Q. Why does the toilet paper in my house usually look like this?
A. Because I live with Basenjis.

Q. Why do I (try to) keep all knitting supplies at least 4 feet from the floor?
A. Because I live with Basenjis.

Q. Why do I sleep in an enormous bed?
A. Because I live with Basenjis.

Q. Why does the sunniest bedroom of my home only have a futon and chew toys in it?
A. Because I live with Basenjis.

Q. Why is there never anywhere for me to sit?
A. Because I live with Basenjis.

Q. And how can it be that I always have friends around, even though I live alone?
A. I think you know the answer. :)

My personal blog can be found at verypink.com, and my 365-day photography project can be found on flickr.

9 comments:

  1. Great post, Staci! I always enjoy your blogs, and am happy that you are blogging for BRAT now, too! YEAH!

    Basenji moms and knitters! BAROOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Dude, you are everywhere (I swear I am not stalking you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest dang post!! I wish I had time for a basenji...I guess I will live through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does someone have to guard my plate if I walk away from the dinner table? Because I live with Basenji's! Love your blog Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, except for me it's that I raise American Labs. I do want to share a solution to the toilet paper problem - it's product called Fooey by Synergy Labs. I bait a roll with it & keep an elevated roll for personal use. By the time every pup has tasted Fooey, that's the end of that. For really stubborn critters I spray the holder before loading a new roll. I've never met a pup of any breed, and we have plenty out on the ranch, that could out-stubborn the taste & smell of Fooey. Don't get it on your lips - you won't want to eat for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I'd also have to had --- Why do I keep dirty clothes high off the floor and in a locked hamper --- because I live with basenjis.

    Why must I keep all cooking utensils/food/dirty dishes/snacks sitting FAR back on the kitchen counter? Because of the basenjis :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that was so cute! And so true!!

    ReplyDelete