Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Foster Brother - The Celebrity


Hi again!! Cammie here. My turn to let you in on what's been happening in my corner of the Basenji world. Last fall, my humans decided to foster another basenji. It just so happened our local shelter had a 10 month old basenji boy named Benny. When he first moved in with us, I thought I would enjoy having a foster sibling. Not that I was getting tired of my humans or my step-sister, Tigger - the cat, but another basenji - oooohhh, how wonderful life would be.

Needless to say, he was full energy, talked too much, and chewed everything in sight. My humans and I were able to teach him how to sit, shake, house train, crate train, walk on a leash properly, and how to get along with Tigger. However, we weren't too successful in the chewing department. He chewed holes in everything - curtains, blankets, and the couch. I will never forget one morning my human mom was getting ready for work while my human dad was on the internet. I was sitting in my recliner and he hopped up on the couch. Before you knew it, the insides of the couch were on the living room floor - white stuff everywhere. Oh was my human mom upset - but not with Benny - with my human dad for not watching him. He was always getting away with stuff - she was never mad at him. I can still her saying, "He's just a pup; he doesn't know any better yet." Blah, blah, blah...... if you look real close in this picture of us (Benny is on the left), you can see where the couch was sewn back together.

Yes, I know just a pup and because of that he didn't live with us very long. After a month, he was adopted into his forever home. I heard through the grapevine that he is living large - in-ground pool, dog park, grooming appointments every two weeks, fenced yard, and even wears bandanas. He's doing great although he even chewed his new human dad's favorite hat!!!! (hehehehe)

Then, I found out he's a celebrity!!! Who would have thought that over zealous camera ham would become a star after he left us. He came out of no where one Friday afternoon, 4 weeks later he's left us, and two months later he's on tv. For all things, Bark Off - now I know we dont' bark - but the newsperson apparently did not know it. You just have to watch this - here's the link - you can't miss him. He even tries to chew the Bark Off!!!


Isn't that just a hoot - a barkless dog testing bark off - and yes, that's my foster brother - Benny - The Celebrity!!! Until next month, happy baroos to you and yours.... Cammie

2 comments:

  1. Just a side note, in the video - Willow and Bear are Benny's new adopted siblings. Willow is a four year old Basenji mix that has a spotlight in the video as well.

    ReplyDelete