Monday, June 21, 2010

Failure at Fostering Part 2; let's hope there's not a Part 3

Let me introduce Benny to you...

He came into BRAT 2 years ago at 9 years old, along with with his "sister" Libby. Their mom died suddenly and her only son was faced with what to do with the 2 dogs, 2 cats and everything else! Benny & Libby found their way to BRAT. Staying with me until they went to a foster home in PA where they stayed for quite some time. Benny ended up coming back to me. Libby stayed and eventually got adopted.


I was struck by Benny's "tall, dark & handsome" good looks the day I met him. Well, maybe he wasn't so tall, but he's definitely dark & handsome. And he is quite the gentleman; he's Cary Grant on four legs! If I had gotten him as a pup, I think I would have named him Tux because of his markings. He has a narrow white band around his neck, a white chest and belly with white toes. VERY handsome!
*Handsome Benny*




*Comfy Benny*

He's a quirky kind of guy and would need a special home with people who could understand him and accept him as he is. He's not a big cuddler with people or the other dogs, but he likes to be near people and the other dogs. He did not like to share a dog bed with the other dogs; he's made alot of progress in the time he's been here.

He had some "personal space" issues at first.
*Benny shares the bed with Jazzie*


* Benny and his sisters, Jazzie & Dixie*

Benny was posted to the website and did get adopted, but he developed separation anxiety! Back he came and once again was posted to the website. After several months and no interest in him, I decided he should stay; so I adopted him.


I had a feeling about him the day he and Libby were turned over to BRAT...








3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you adopted him. He needed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that, Roberta, is why I am not signed up to foster! I would be a FAILURE for sure!! Liz in MA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute breed! I enjoy the stories I'm reading about them here.

    ReplyDelete