Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blink's Hijinks

When Blink, my male Basenji, was about 2.5 years old (now 5) he pulled a stunt that I'll never forget. My friend and I returned home from shopping one day. We still lived in our apartment at the time. What was interesting was that Blink didn't greet us. Instead, we heard water running.

My friend and I were puzzled, but soon figured it out. Blink had gotten himself shut in the bathroom. At this time, he had some separation anxiety, so I can only imagine how this went down. When my friend and I opened the door, Blink ran out and hot steam billowed out!

Blink had pulled on the HOT water at full blast in the tub. It was one of those faucets that you pull out from the wall, and somehow he managed to yank it forward with his mouth on full press. When we looked in, the entire bathroom was covered in steam and the tub was nearly an inch away from overflowing. Blink had his own little sauna! We never laughed so hard!

Jen
Maryland




3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful boy! And smart, too. As long as he was shut in that little room, he decided to have a spa day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I'm sure glad you got home in time to prevent a flood - or, worse yet, a scalding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never cease to be amazed at the variety of mischief created by Basenjis!

    ReplyDelete