Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ah... Sunshine, A B-dog's Best Nap Spot

The greatest drawback to our house is that all of the windows face North or East in the family rooms. During the greater part of the day this means that there are very very limited opportunities for a sun-warmed spot for the Basenji's to nap in. Over the ten years we have lived here, our Basenjis have most enjoyed the lazy afternoons spent in the back bedrooms, with the blinds thrown wide open to the west sunlight. In the last year or so a tree in the back yard has grown big enough to block the full afternoon sun here too. Thankfully it loses it's leaves in the winter and we can bask in the sun when we really need it most.

I've heard stories about Basenjis who follow the sun spots around. We don't have that option, but we make the best of what's available. I'd love to hear some of your stories about the favored sunny nap spot. When I get ready to design my new home I plan to make sure that I design them into my house from the start!

1 comment:

  1. grandpa was taking care of omar while we selfishly took a vacation without him. my father remarked how odd it was that omar could not get comfortable in their home. going from room to room, never settling in one place for a nice long nap. he loved the reality of the situation once i told him that omar was following the sun's path across the house... he left the room when the sun did!!

    ReplyDelete