Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kip's Favorite Things

Here is a song my basenji Kip wrote for you guys today:
(to the tune of My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music)


Licking raindrops off roses and chewing the whiskers off kittens,
Ripping up mum's coat and her fuzzy wool mittens,
Brown paper treat bags tied up with strings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

Playing with ponies and eating strudels,
My stuffed pig, possum, and pink poodle,
Birds that soar above my head, flapping their wings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

Looking out the window and the fireplace's ashes,
Snowflakes that fall onto my nose and eyelashes,
Summer, fall, winter, and spring,
These are a few of my favorite things!

When that golden retriever bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad!


It's remarkable how he described his everyday life, while still using the same rhyming scheme as My Favorite Things! I have one very talented doggie ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I could hear Julie Andrews singing it now.

    ReplyDelete