Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Happy Fantastic Birthday!!!



In August of 2001 I adopted Happy (my muse, business partner, and soul-mate ) from BRAT. She was 8 or 9 when I adopted her (her vet records were not clear then). But since I adopted her I have learned soooooo much about her including her birthday and her pedigree! I learned that she was a breeding dog and had a very short career as a show dog (she was much too anxious for that lifestyle) and now I am in touch with many people who own her children, grandchildren, and even great-grandchildren!

Sunday was the 18th Birthday of Miss Happy Fantastic Basenji Extraordinaire! And yes, 18 is REALLY old for a dog, it is like 100 in human years!!! So for those of you who are nervous about adopting an older dog, who know... she just may be with you as long as one of the younger pups! The bottom line is that BRAT + what is now known as Colorado Basenji Rescue did a wonderful job matching me up with my Happy and she was worth the 6 months I had to wait for her. I love my Happy and I am thankful for each day she is with me! :)

Enjoy these Happy Fantastic Party Pics!

Yum!!! Ben & Jerry's with a peanut butter cup doggie pie from PupCat Bakery.

The Party Crashers!!!

mmm... it does go well with the chicken

Party pooper!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Happy! You're a fantastic-looking lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! My Mr. Calvin lived to 18, too! They sure are troopers!

    Happy Birthday Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on Miss Happy's 18th birthday, and it encourages me to think I might have another 11 years with my Miss Bow. I should tell our friend Eva to do a story about her for 7 Days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Happy! (Boy, you DO know how to celebrate!)

    I wonder...what is the secret to your longevity? I've heard old humans attribute it both to good living and bad! I think it must have much to do with great genes and loving care, and I think you must have both!

    Chey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Happy for you and Happy...hope mine lives as long or longer...sometime hope you will share if there were any challenges in old age problems along the way...

    ReplyDelete