Monday, October 19, 2009

A Parade of Basenjis

I'd like to share with you some of the basenjis that have passed through my home. Some stayed longer than others; one never left! And this is just a "sampling." There have been many others...


Pixie (nka Shandi) a sweet 6 month old girl, adopted by one of my neighbors. :-)

Jake, escape artiste extraordinaire! Escaped from my house in the middle of the night, but he was back the next morning. He's living the good life in CT. :-)

AJ, a BIG boy, now happily living in the Boston area. :-)



Keops, a sweet old man who found a loving home to spend his last days in. :-)May he R.I.P.


Zoe, nka Dixie, the one who never left! This is a picture of her on the drive home after springing her from the shelter, who deemed her aggressive. She greeted us with wags, wiggles and kisses. It was love at first sight, for me! :-)


Brando, a mix who came to me from a kill shelter in OH. A very sweet boy my family wanted to adopt, but who now lives across town from us. :-)


Arie, another sweet boy. He is a happy boy in NJ with a Shiba Inu sister. :-)

BoBo; poor boy bounced around a bit before he found his forever home in FL. :-)

Buster, the bat-eared basenji! He found a home in CT with a basenji sister. :-)



Dillon; "silly Dilly"; was the longest foster I've had (13 months.) He found a wonderful home in CT with a B-savvy, retired woman. He never even looked back when I left. :-)


Moxie; a special girl who is loved and living in the Boston area. :-)

If you haven't yet joined BRAT, I encourage you to do so. Especially if you can be a foster home. There is a HUGE need for foster homes in every corner of the country and especially the MIDDLE of the country.
There is some "danger" in fostering; you might fail. But that's a good thing. :-)




























No comments:

Post a Comment